2021 BUMA Australia
In 2021, Downer entered into an agreement to sell its Open Cut Mining East business to an Australian subsidiary of PT Bukit Makmur Mandiri Utama (BUMA), a large mining services provider in Indonesia. This acquisition included the transition of all people, mining services contracts, assets, systems and intellectual property.
2007 – 2021 Downer EDI Mining
Roche Bros was purchased by Downer in 1997 and became Roche Mining in 1999. In 2007, Roche Mining became Downer Mining.
Between 2007 – 2021 Downer Mining continued to expand with Open Cut contracts in multiple commodities across Australia and New Zealand.
- Introduction of Ultra Class fleet
- Contracts at Meandu Coal Mine, Boggabri Coal Mine, Christmas Creek Iron Ore Mine and Commodore Coal Mine
- Contracts at BHP Bowen Basin Coal Mines
Roche Bros was the foundation of the current business and has an extensive history in mining and major civil earthworks projects throughout Australia and Asia.
- Hong Kong airport
- Established Lihir Island gold mine
- 1948 diversified into mining