Location: Central Queensland
Client: BHP Mitsubishi Alliance (BMA Coal)
Commodity: Metallurgical Coal
Located in the Bowen Basin of Central Queensland, BMA’s Blackwater Mine is one of Queensland’s largest coal mines. It is situated approximately 21 kilometres from the town of Blackwater.
The BUMA team have been performing truck and excavator pre-strip operations at Blackwater since May 2012. Over 44 million banked cubic metres of material is mined by our fleets annually.
The company’s fleet at the mine comprises of the following:
- 1 x Hitachi EX8000 excavator
- 3 x Caterpillar 6060 excavators
- 1 x Hitachi EX3600 excavator
- 13 x Komatsu 930E haul trucks
- 15 x Caterpillar 789 haul trucks
- 1 x Caterpillar 16M grader
- 3 x Caterpillar 18M graders
- 4 x Caterpillar D10 dozers
- 5 x Caterpillar D11 dozers
- 4 x Caterpillar 785 water trucks
Community and Environment
The mine is adjacent to the town of Blackwater where our workforce is accommodated and integrates into the township. We are proud supporters of local community groups in the area.
Blackwater is also proud of our First Nations work readiness program that has been operating since 2016. The program has been triumphant in preparing new to industry operators to be successful team members of our BUMA team at Blackwater.