Broadmeadow East Mine
Location: Central Queensland
Client: Bowen Coking Coal
Commodity: Metallurgical Coal
In April 2022, BUMA Australia was awarded a 4-year contract to produce 4.8Mt of ROM coal at the Broadmeadow East (BME) Coal project. This is the first stage of the expanded Burton Lenton Complex.
The mine is located 25km south of the Burton Mining Complex, approximately 185 km west of Mackay.
This project required an accelerated program to build suitable heavy equipment access, mobilisation pads, temporary facilities including establishing Drill and Blast capacity. The full fleet was mobilised, and the operational team was established in a short period to deliver the targeted coal production in July 2022, 3 months after contract award.
The scope of works includes:
- Statutory Management of the mining operations
- Establish access and MIA facility
- Civil works including drains, levees, dams and explosive facility
- Mine planning with full technical and survey services
- Clearing, grubbing and topsoil removal
- Drill and blast
- Load and haul of coal and waste
- Crushing selective coal product
- Train load out dozing operations
- Dump management
- Progressive rehabilitation works
Prime Fleet for the BME Project comprises of the following:
- 2 x Hitachi EX3600 excavators
- 9 x Caterpillar 789C haul trucks
- 2 x Caterpillar 16M graders
- 4 x Caterpillar D10 dozers
- 1 x Caterpillar 777 water truck
- 1 x Scrub Dozer
- 4 x 637 Scrapers and miscellaneous other plant
Community and Environment
We work closely with the community to operate a safe and environmentally responsible mining operation. Dust and noise restrictions are managed to ensure minimal impact.